26 Days: and Counting …
Well, this update is mostly banal; we’ve been concerning ourselves with details like table centerpieces and tuxedo fittings.
- We’ve had a serious hiccough and lost our original photographer, but are chasing down some leads on other options.
- Mindy of Professor Whisky’s Traveling Bizarre Bazaar has taken away my permission to “micro-manage” (her word) the Reception plans, and now has a stack of glassware and funky acrylic beads and is placing orders for crepe paper. I fear the crepe may become an endangered species.
- We’ve finished the (church-mandated) premarital counseling sessions (albeit with a little piece of homework) and have pretty much all of the details ironed out.
- Jacksonville is giving us the gift of cleanliness: the St John’s river cleanup is going on the morning of the wedding, so the whole town may be cleaner than usual… yay!
- It seems that someone (perhaps the Public Works office) has randomly built a very large mountain of dirt in front of the reception hall.
- We also have some thank-you notes to mail out already, including a much-belated one to my cousin David and his wife Christine, the donors of the mysterious knife set I’d mentioned previously. Another mystery solved.
- I don’t think I had posted it, but the Rings were delivered. Yay!
Recurring questions include:
- Dress code: Ties aren’t overrated, but don’t worry too much about it, the bouncers are really lax!
- Gift registry (see the wedding web site, if you’re curious)
- and if we need a hand with “anything”: yes, Mindy could use some hands to set and strike the Reception, we can put you in touch with her.
I’ll update the wedding web site (for the last time, perhaps?) shortly.
Update: something chewed up my post in weird ways earlier. Cleaned it up, today.